zSpace is an exciting new technology that brings a hands-on experience to the classroom using holographic, stereoscopic 3D. Students put on 3D glasses and are immersed in a 3D environment that tracks their head movement to create a customized, interactive experience. They can also use a stylus to pick up, rotate, resize, dissect and explore many objects from volcanoes to dinosaurs, atoms, historical artifacts and more. Students can essentially enter their own lab and interact with virtual manipulatives they may not be able to encounter in the real world. The possibilities for zSpace are phenomenal, and their new developments are equally exciting.
zSpace announced some interesting developments at ISTE (June 2015) that will take the zSpace experience to the next level. Already being used in K-12 classrooms, medical and nursing schools, colleges, universities, and corporations, zSpace is expanding its offerings with new hardware and software options.
The All-in-one zSpace Station, zSpace 300
- PC and Display in one unit
- Better portability
- No connecting, just plug and go
- Same great interface and experience
New zSpace Programs and Program Features
In addition to zSpace’s immensely popular programs, a few stunning new programs have been made available for purchase that increase their breadth of diverse offerings.
- zSpace Studio 2015 – over 600 models, providing prepared activities in all sciences and history
- zSpace Newton’s Park 2015 for building and running physics experiments
- zSpace Franklin’s Lab 2015 – the properties of electricity understood through building circuits
- CyberScience 3D 2015 Edition for detailed exploration and dissection of frog anatomy to the fluorine atom
- zView – Premium Software to connect your zSpace with a TV, PC, Mac, Smart Board, Promethean Board, Clear Touch Interactive Panel, or Projector, to show zSpace in Augmented Reality and to share in real time with an audience.
- CyberAnatomy — used in Medical and Nursing Programs in higher education and K-12 to learn anatomy in virtual reality using stereoscopic 3D.
- Corinth – Engage younger students in investigation of animals, geology, and movement patterns
- Eureka.in by DesignMate– 3D Content for Science and Math
- Leopoly – 3D Catalog and Modeling
zSpace now connects students to all areas of the curriculum, including Physical Science, Life Science, Earth and Space Science, and the Social Sciences, Design, Modeling, Engineering and Art.
Lesson Plans and Standards Alignment
For all applications in the zSpace Education Package, zSpace provides lesson plans and standards aligned activities. A full scope and sequence can be found here
A zSpace lab package is typically twelve zSpace systems. Each All-In-One zSpace system includes:
- zSpace head tracked stereo display technology
- Intel i3-4370
- AMD FirePro 5170 GPU
- WiFi: NAC + BT
- 24” HD Display (1920×1080)
- 8 GB RAM
- 512 GB HDD
- zSpace Stylus
- zSpace Eyewear (Passive Stereo glasses, clip-ons, and 2D conversion glasses for partner-use)
- Mouse and Keyboard
- Windows 8.1
Katz Computer Service is an authorized reseller of zSpace.
We would love to speak with you
- About the new zSpace 300 hardware
- About the new zSpace Applications for existing and new customers
- To schedule a zSpace demonstration
- To offer you information about Professional Development
- To help you learn how to integrate zSpace into your curriculum
- About using zSpace with 3D printing and Interactive Board
Contact us to speak to a specialist.
Nicole Aitken, Account Executive
Katz Computer Service 7/13/15